What is data segmentation?
Data segmentation is the procedure to divide the target audience into smaller segments based on their common character traits.
- It segments the statistical data about the targeted audience.
- Age group, Gender, Income, Education & etc.
- A brand which wants to target only the young boys (18-25) for their product.
- It segments the data based on their behavioural pattern & character traits.
- Interest, Personality traits, Attitudes, Priorities and etc.
- A brand wants to target the gamers for their new gaming console launch.
- It segments data on prioritizing the customer actions & behaviour.
- User Status, Brand Consciousness Purchasing Pattern and etc.
- A brand wants to target speciﬁc audience who already own a gaming console for past 2 years.
- It segments the data simply on the basis of geographical borders.
- Country, State, City, Climate, Urban/Rural and etc.
- A brand wants to target their product for people living in North Indian States.